Working with the government, whether it is at the federal, state, or local level, can be a lucrative endeavor. However, deals between private entities and the government are intensely regulated and bring up a myriad of issues not found in private contracts or other areas of the law. If you want to participate in the government contracts market, you will find it beneficial to have an experienced government contracts attorney to guide you.
At Weitz Morgan, we represent government contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers in all types of matters related to government contracts, including assistance in the negotiation and bidding phase as well as in the litigation of any disputes that may arise. Our goal is to provide you with sound advice and solutions that lessen the regulatory and other compliance burdens of working with government.
SUPPORTING GOVERNMENT CONTRACTORS
Over the last eleven years, we have supported companies in their efforts to obtain and administer millions of dollars in federal awards. The value we bring clients comes from providing excellent work product, deep substantive knowledge, and an exceptional client experience. To that end, we invite you to connect with us through social media. Here we post information relevant to contractors.
As always, we offer free initial consultations either by phone or in person. If you have a pending matter, please email us to set up a time to talk.
- Grants & Cooperative Agreements
- Federal Acquisition Regulation & Supplements
- State & Local Contracting
- Subcontracts & Teaming
- Vendor Agreements
- Compliance & Training
- GSA Schedules / TXMAS
- Services Contracting
- Intellectual Property
- Ethics & OCI’s
- Protests & Contract Disputes
- Suspension & Debarment
- BPA’s & SOW’s
- False Claims Act
- SBA Programs
- Joint Ventures
Attorney Kristi Morgan Aronica heads our government contracts practice. Practicing in this area for 12 years, she has guided many contractors and ancillary parties to success in the federal marketplace. Below is a sample of the type of work she has handled for her clients.
- Served as lead counsel for a consortium of energy companies awarded a large cooperative agreement. Advised the President and COO as well as the Board of Directors on compliance, performance, and close-out. In addition to basic public contract law matters, counseled client on IP, technical data, and tangible property rights, SCA and Davis-Bacon applications, and cost principles. Drafted and negotiated multiple teaming agreements, cost sharing agreements, subawards, and vendor contracts, crafted and implemented vendor procurement procedures, and assisted with management of real property.
- Long-time counsel for one of the leading suppliers of AV furniture to the U.S. military. Provided attorney advisory opinions and letters to third parties on country of origin markings, TAA compliance, and FCA violations. Conducted successful bid protests. Served as the government contracts expert for trial counsel in defense of an FCA lawsuit.
- Outside counsel for one of the largest foodservice and beverage distributors in the U.S. Advised the company’s General Counsel and public contracts team on a variety of procurement issues by reviewing and offering opinions on RFP’s as well on compliance matters like pricing structure and HIPAA business associate agreements.
- Guided executives and contracts manager at large predictive analytics company on organizational conflicts of interest created by a subcontract on a DOD weapons system contract. Defined OCI’s to the client and provided a written analysis of its OCI issues with recommendations on how to mitigate and proceed for each scenario.
- Counseled global manufacturer of storage and wireless networking devices on its manufacturing process to determine TAA compliance.
- Advised counsel for global motor design company on the BAA, TAA applications under an ARRA contract.
- Served as outside government contracts counsel for national maintenance repair supplies company. Provided guidance on BPA terms and conditions, disputes and bid protests, country of origin issues, contract compliance and administration, ethics, cost principles, and price adjustments.
- Experience with formation and administration of a variety of GSA Schedules contracts for domestic and international clients. Counseled GSA Schedule holders on BPA terms, CSP and price adjustment clauses, novations, teaming, reseller, and dealer agreements, socio-economic classifications and requirements, and automatic stays and interventions in bid protests.
- Advised clients in state and local procurements, including TXMAS, federal money flow downs, debarments, pre-award and post-award compliance, cooperative purchasing, DBITS, CMBL, subcontracting plans, and the TX Government Code.