Kristi Morgan Aronica heads Weitz Morgan’s government contracts practice. Licensed to practice law in Texas since 2005, Kristi has devoted her career to public contract law. Additionally, she is a founding member of the firm and is the managing partner, overseeing operations, ethics compliance, business development, and client management.
As lead counsel on all of the firm’s government contracts matters, she assists clients with both counseling and litigation and represents entities of varying sizes, industries, and levels of need. She advises prime contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers in diverse matters related to government contracts. Kristi works on prime transactions where contractors deal directly with government as well as on ancillary deals between private contracting parties like dealer, teaming, and subcontracting agreements.
For 12 years Kristi has represented government contractors in federal and state public procurements. Examples of her work include advising on applicable laws and solicitation terms and conditions, assisting with contract negotiations, conducting post-award training and compliance, managing or litigating disputes, drafting teaming agreements, subcontracts, and vendor contracts, and providing counsel or assistance with novations, organizational conflicts of interests, GSA Schedules/TXMAS, small business programs, suspension and debarment, grants, and cooperative agreements.
While Kristi considers herself a life-long student of her chosen field, her areas of interest and expertise include the following:
- Bid Protests
- Commercial Products and Services
- Compliance Programs and Education
- Conflicts of Interest/Ethics Compliance
- Contract Claims and Terminations
- Contract Review/Counseling/ Restructuring
- Grants & Cooperative Agreements
- Dealer Agreements
- Debarment & Suspension
- Fraud Litigation (False Claims Act)
- GSA Schedule Contracts
- IP Rights and Technical Data
- Prime/Sub Disputes
- Trade Agreements Act/Buy American Act
- Teaming Agreements
- Service Contracting
- Small Business Administration/Socio-Economic Issues
- State and Local Contracting
- Subcontractor & Subaward Agreements
If you would like to discuss a government contracts matter further with Kristi, please contact her to set up a time to talk by phone or in person.
- The State Bar of Texas (2005)
- The University of Miami School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- Honors: Runner Up – James Weldon Johnson Institute Moot Court Competition
- Publication: “Evaluating Guest Worker Programs in the U.S.: A Comparison of the Bracero Program and President Bush’s Proposed Immigration Reform Plan.” Berkeley La Raza Law Journal, Volume 15.2 (2004)
- Auburn University-Montgomery (B.A., English, Minor, Spanish, 2002, summa cum laude)
- Honors: Chancellor’s Scholar (Highest Academic Honor at University)
- Publication: Editorial Team and Contributor – Ambrose Bierce’s “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge”: An Annotated Critical Edition, West Cornwall, CT: Locust Hill Press, 2003.
- American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law
- Austin Bar Association
- National Contract Management Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Guide to Fixed-Price Supply Subcontracting Terms and Conditions, Fifth Edition, American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law, Contributor
- Evaluating Guest Worker Programs in the U.S.: A Comparison of the Bracero Program and President Bush’s Proposed Immigration Reform Plan, Berkeley La Raza Law Journal.
- Preparing for the Unthinkable: The Need for a Medical Directive and Power of Attorney, Forward Austin magazine, Fall 2008
- Panel member for “Opportunities Through the Stimulus Bill” hosted by Women’s Global Network-Austin (June 9, 2009).
- “You’ve Won a GSA Contract. Now What?” seminar for the City of Austin Small Business Development Program (July 17, 2008). This presentation was delivered jointly with Amy McGeady of Propel Consulting, Inc.
- “How Governments Buy Services” seminar for the City of Austin Small Business Development Program (January 24, 2008). This presentation was delivered jointly with Amy McGeady of Propel Consulting, Inc.
- “Gateway to Federal Contracting” workshop for the City of Austin Small Business Development Program (July 19, 2007)
- Member, 2017 Austin Bar Association Leadership Academy
- Volunteer Attorney, Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas
- Member, Women’s Fund of Central Texas Grants Committee (2014 and 2016)
- Board Member, The Arc of the Capital Area (2013-2016; 2017-Present)
- President – University of Miami Austin Alumni Club (2009-2010)
- Volunteer Attorney – National Health Care Decisions Day 2009 – Dell Children’s Hospital
- Vice-Chair – American Bar Association Law Practice Management Section Law Career Paths Board (2009-2010)
- eBuddy – Best Buddies